International Foundation for Consciousness-Based Education
The International Foundation of Consciousness-Based Education was founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi in 2005. Its purpose is to develop Consciousness-Based educational materials for use in every country. These materials include curricula for all levels of school and university; individual courses; faculty development programs for Consciousness- Based universities and schools; professional training programs for different areas of society, including health, agriculture, architecture, and administration; guidelines and manuals for implementing Consciousness-Based educational projects; and short courses for continuing and distance education.
The activities of the International Foundation of Consciousness-Based Education are conducted through three divisions: (1) Higher Education; (2) Primary and Secondary Education; and (3) Distance and Continuing Education.
1. This division is developing a new university curriculum designed by Maharishi, whose theme is “Total Knowledge for Every Student, Invincibility for the Nation.” In these institutions students study 12 areas of knowledge—Law, Education, Health, Agriculture, Economy, Administration, Architecture and Engineering, Defense, Communication, Music and Arts, Religion and Culture, and Supreme Political Science—and the applied programs of each of these areas to raise the quality of life in society.
The special feature of this university is the holistic structure of its curriculum, which emphasizes the student’s systematic growth of consciousness; and how development of individual and collective consciousness expands one’s understanding and mastery of all 12 areas of knowledge.
2. Courses for university students, faculty, and administrators in other higher education institutions, to introduce them to Consciousness-Based education in theory and practice
3. Collaboration with professionals to develop training programs in their areas, e.g., neuroscience, holistic health, natural law based architecture, science of prediction, specialized areas of education
Primary and Secondary Education
1. Courses on the study of consciousness for all school levels, including the Science of Creative Intelligence course series
2. Professional Development Program for teachers and administrators of Consciousness-Based schools
3. Manuals for administration
4. Knowledge programs for newly meditating students, faculty, and administrators
5. Administration manuals
6. Parent Knowledge Program
7. For starting a Consciousness-Based school: Steps of implementation, Consciousness-Based curriculum materials, faculty development programs, administration manuals, and promotional documents.
8. Steps of implementation and documents for adding the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs to existing schools
Distance and Continuing Education
1. One-day and weekend courses for ladies called “Days of Total Knowledge for Enlightenment,” whose central feature is a tape by Maharishi of special interest to ladies, including a series on cognitions of the lady seers of the Vedic tradition. The Days of Total Knowledge courses have been taught in 32 countries.
2. Distance and continuing education courses designed for ladies