Maharishi College of Perfect Health and Maharishi Health Center Offering Total Knowledge of Perfect Health
‘When the total intelligence of Natural Law—Veda—is lively in the individual physiology, there is perfect synchrony between the functioning of every individual cell and the holistic functioning of the body as a whole; and between individual intelligence and Cosmic Intelligence. In this state of complete integration, all thought and action are spontaneously in harmony with Natural Law and the individual enjoys perfect health.’—Maharishi
Maharishi College of Perfect Health
Four–Year Course Training Doctors to Offer the Complete System of Prevention-Oriented Health Care for the Individual and Society
The goal of Maharishi College of Perfect Health is to fulfill the current global need to provide a complete and perfect, scientific system of health care for prevention and cure, for both individual and collective health.
Definition of Maharishi Ayur-Veda
Maharishi Ayur-Veda is the ancient and timeless Vedic approach to medicine, brought to light in this scientific age for the full value of its theory and practice by His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, in conjunction with the world’s foremost experts in Ayurvedic Medicine and experts in modern medicine.
Maharishi Ayur-Veda is a natural, prevention-oriented system of medicine, free from negative side effects; it is primarily Consciousness-Based Medicine, founded on the recent scientific discovery that consciousness—the Veda, the totality of Natural Law, or the Unified Field in the language ofmodern physics—is at the basis of the physiology.
Maharishi Ayur-Veda provides multiple treatment modalities and behavioural prescriptions to bring mind, body, and behaviour in harmony with NaturalLaw, for the natural and effective prevention of disease, and promotion of longevity and perfect health.Maharishi Ayur-Veda takes into account all the factors that influence health, many of which are not usually considered by modern medicine.
High Record of Failure of Modern Medicine
The pharmaceuticals and invasive procedures of modern medicine are increasingly recognized to have adverse side effects, which are a serious hazard to health. These hazards are documented by thousands of articles published in medical journals by leading doctors and medical researchers.
The textbook Human Physiology: Expression of Veda and Vedic Literature by Tony Nader, Md, PhD, MARR [600 pages] describes in detail the discovery of the precise correspondence between Total Natural Law—Veda and the VedicLiterature—and the structures and functions of the human physiology—with the conclusion that consciousness is the basis of physiology.
Definition of Perfect Health: Total Brain Functioning in Enlightenment
‘Health is wholeness.’ Health is based on the balanced and integrated functioning of the brain and physiology. Enlightenment is the state of total brain functioning and perfect balance of the body. Without the development of total brain functioning—enlightenment—one cannot experience perfect health.
Increased EEG Coherence through Transcendental Meditation
After two weeks of practice of the Transcendental Meditation program, individuals showed significantly increased frontal EEG coherence during the practice, in contrast to the control condition of resting with eyes closed before they learned Transcendental Meditation. Reference: International Journal of Neuroscience 14: 147–151, 1981.
Principles and Programs which are Missing in Modern Health Care
All the Vedic programs have age-old traditional authenticity, and are widely verified through published scientific research.
• Diagnostic, preventive and therapeutic programs based on the 40 aspects of Veda and the Vedic Literature.
• Integration of the most ancient and most modern knowledge of Natural Law applied to foster perfect health.
• Principles and programs to develop one’s full brain potential through Vedic technologies of consciousness, including the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi program with Yogic Flying.
Increased Use of Hidden Brain Reserves through Transcendental Meditation
During the Transcendental Meditation program there is greater participation of the whole brain in the response to a stimulus—sensory components of somatosensory stimuli are more widely distributed across the cortex. Reference: Human Physiology 25: 171–180, 1999.
Decreased Need for Medical Care: Decreased Hospitalization through Transcendental Meditation
A study that analyzed five years of medical insurance data for almost 2000 participants in the Transcendental Meditation program found that this group required significantly less hospitalization, for both medical and surgical procedures, in comparison to the average of all other insured persons.Reference: Psychosomatic Medicine 49: 493–507, 1987.
Principles and Programs which are Missing in Modern Health Care (continued)
• Maharishi Vedic Vibration Technology and Maharishi Vedic Sound Therapy
• Vedic Pulse Diagnosis for early detection of imbalances—enabling doctors to be increasingly self-sufficient in their diagnostic skills.
• Physiological purification procedures to eliminate deep-seated impurities and toxins.
• Principles and procedures to minimize the detrimental effects of the aging process.
• Neuromuscular integration (Yoga Asana) and breathing exercises (Pranayama) to increase flexibility and mind-body coordination.
• Using the therapeutic value of plants and food, taking into consideration the effects of daily and seasonal cycles (Ayur-Veda, the science of Life).
• Maharishi Vedic Organic Food—grown without hazardous chemicals, which contribute to the rise of chronic disorders; employing Vedic Sounds to enliven the inner intelligence of the plant for maximum nutritional value.
• Promotion of health through proper layout and proportion of homes and buildings in harmony with Natural Law (Sthapatya Veda).
• Prediction and neutralisation of negative influences on health coming from the sun, moon, planets, and stars (the Vedic Sciences of Jyotish and Yagya).
• Music therapy through the melodies and frequencies of Natural Law (Gandharva Veda).
• Introduction to other medical systems, such as Traditional Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, Naturopathy, Osteopathy, Chiropractic, Informationand Energy Medicine.
• Therapeutic approaches using the five senses, such as aroma therapy, light and color therapy, gem therapy, water therapy and dance therapy.
• Recognition of the value of cultural traditions, indigenous knowledge and traditional medicines, and codes of health-promoting behavior as taught by all major religions.
• Consciousness-Based health education for school children and the public.
• Programs for improving collective health, and creating a disease-free society, national invincibility, and world peace.
Outline of the Four-Year Curriculum of Maharishi College of Perfect Health
At Maharishi College of Perfect Health all the main topics of modern medicine and Ayur-Veda are studied in light of their basis in Total Knowledge—the Veda—the inner intelligence of human physiology; and in light of the student’s experience of developing higher states of consciousness.
A central organizing theme of the curriculum is the study of the eight major organ systems of the body, all examined in light of Vedic knowledge. This knowledge is presented in brief in year one, and in greater depth in each subsequent year, so that the students always maintain holistic awareness of the full range of their curriculum as they are focusing ever more sharply on the details.
Year 1—Total Knowledge of Health I: Structure, Function, and Development of the Body and Its Source in Consciousness
Introduction to the scientific basis of medicine and the profound knowledge and experience of consciousness as the basis of the physiology—the foundation for a complete system of medicine.
Year 2—Total Knowledge of Health II: Prevention, Health, and Disease— Principles and Programs for Perfect Health and Longevity
Eight major organ systems with emphasis on prevention and pathophysiology, as understood in modern medicine, Ayurvedic medicine and other systems of medicine.
Year 3—Total Knowledge of Health III: Diagnosis and Treatment of Common Disorders—Principles and Programs for Re-establishing Perfect Balance in Physiology and Consciousness
Eight major organ systems, with emphasis on primary care, diagnosis and treatment as understood in modern medicine, Ayurvedic medicine and other systems of medicine.
Year 4—Total Knowledge of Health IV: Clinical Practice, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Severe and Chronic Stages of Disease— Re-establishing Perfect Balance in Physiology and Consciousness
Eight major organ systems with emphasis on clinical practice as understood in modern medicine, Ayurvedic medicine and other systems of medicine. Students complete their Vedic clinical practice in a hospital or community setting.
Postgraduate Training—Perfection in Profession: Specializing in Clinical Practice to Establisha Disease-Free Society
Modern medical specialties (Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Pediatrics and Family Medicine, Psychiatry and Neurology, Geriatrics and Anti-Aging Medicine) in light of Ayur-Veda.
The programs of Maharishi College of Perfect Health will be made available throughout the world by Maharishi Health Centers offering a complete system of modern and natural health care
Electronic Display of Veda in the Human Physiology
With Maharishi’s inspiration an electronic display of Maharaja’s discovery of Veda in the Human Physiology has been developed by the Global Health Ministry. This technically sophisticated and well designed display explains Maharaja’s discovery with the help of a human figure and blinking lights indicating were the Vedic sounds express themselves in the human physiology. The presentation is supported by an easy to understand commentary of about 30 minutes, which describes how the 10 Mandals of Rik Ved express themselves in the human body. After each Mandal a short Vedic recitation of that particular Mandal is heard while the blinking lights continue to indicate the counterpart in the figure.
This combination of understanding, hearing, seeing, and experiencing links the intellectual understanding of Maharaja’s discovery with the direct experience of Veda in the Human Physiology and make the viewer realize how these sounds enliven the body’s innate intelligence. This leads to the complete absorption of a key aspect in Maharishi’s teaching: Natural Law is the source and basis of our existence and can be used to enliven the body’s inner intelligence.
The display is now available to be exposed in all Peace Palaces, Towers of Invincibility, Maharishi Spas, MAV Health Centres, Invincibility Centres, and also in every private home. For more information contact: HealthMinistryOffice@Maharishi.net.