The Global Country of World Peace is implementing Consciousness-Based education in universities and schools throughout the world to systematically develop the full creative genius of every individual and crown every nation with invincibility for all generations to come.
The Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi Programs in Schools and Universities Worldwide and Consciousness-Based Institutions
The Transcendental Meditation program, founded by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, has been taught to school and university students for more than 50 years. University academic courses with Transcendental Meditation began to be offered in 1972.
The first Consciousness-Based schools and university, where all students, teachers, and administrators practice Transcendental Meditation, were founded in 1972. The Transcendental Meditation Sidhi program with Yogic Flying was first offered as part of an academic curriculum in 1977.
Over 5 million people have learned Transcendental Meditation worldwide, with hundreds of thousands of students and teachers. Currently this program is in over 750 educational institutions in 48 countries, with over 235,000 students having learned the practice.
1. Countries with Consciousness-Based schools or higher education—where all students and teachers practice the Transcendental Meditation or TM-Sidhi program and the disciplines are taught in light of the science of consciousness:
• South Africa (higher education)
• Thailand (higher education)
• The Netherlands
• United Kingdom
• United States (schools and university)
Note: In India there are 148 schools in the Consciousness-Based system, with over 100,000 students in 16 states; two Consciousness-Based universities with over 250 associate institutions, 30,000 students; 4 branches of Maharishi Institute of Management with 1000 students; 5,000 students in schools for traditional knowledge; 40,000 students practicing Yogic Flying.
2. Countries where schools or higher education institutions offer the Transcendental Meditation or TM-Sidhi program as part of their academic curriculum:
• Bosnia and Herzegovina
• Canada (7 schools)
• Cape Verde
• Costa Rica
• Dominican Republic
• East Timor
• El Salvador
• Guinea Bissau
• Kenya (4 schools)
• New Zealand
• São Tomé and Principe
• South Africa
• The Netherlands (4 schools)
• Trinidad and Tobago
• United Kingdom
• United States (16 schools)
Note: In Latin America 101,000 students have learned Transcendental Meditation; 550 schools and 29 higher education institutions have made agreements to implement the Transcendental Meditation and TM-Sidhi programs; 22,000 students have learned or are becoming TM-Sidhi Yogic Flyers.